Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Australia fish eat flies too!

I just recieved a note from John Gower, who just returned from a trip
to Weipa, up north in the Carpenteria region of Northern Australia. He reported good catches of Barramundi, taken with my Neutralizer fly.









The "barra", as they are called, are a serious preditor, and inhabit estuary areas and fresh water rivers and lakes. Some can reach great size, and they can be a lot of fun on a fly rod, or so I am told. Yet another fish and fishing destination added to my list of places to visit!

My travel schedule starts to get busy at the end of June, with a trip to Alaska. In addition to playing with the grandkids and family, several of us are headed to the interior, in search of big Northern Pike and a new species for me-Sheefish. Hopefully, there will be plenty of opportunity for pictures of both species, on this trip north.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home